By Laraine Abbey-Katzev
Is America a victim of treason? Many people are questioning whether President Joe Biden, and the radical left he champions, are betraying our country and committing treason.,
Treason has been defined in various ways as the crime of betraying one’s country and adhering benefit to the enemies of one’s country. The Cambridge dictionary defines it as “(the crime of) showing no loyalty to your country, especially by helping its enemies or trying to defeat its government.” Britannica defines it as “the crime of betraying a nation or a sovereign by acts considered dangerous to security.”
Article III, section 3 of the United States Constitution states that, “Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.” While war against one’s country used to mean bombs and bullets, the takedown can now be done by stealth, through violations of the Constitution, and by a series of usurpations—meaning wrongful or illegal encroachments.
A historical figure by the name of St. George Tucker, was a law professor at the College of William and Mary, and in the early 1800s, a judge. He considered the usurpation of unalienable rights as treason. Usurpation is defined as seizing by force or without right. As I see it, the Biden Administration is usurping our constitutional rights. The Constitution’s first ten amendments, known as the Bill of Rights, detail our unalienable rights. Are we not seeing our unalienable rights being trampled upon? St. George Tucker was a thought leader on this topic and on constitutional interpretation. His most pertinent points are paraphrased as follows:
- Extending administrative authority beyond just constitutional limits is an act of usurpation in government.
- Freedom cannot exist when one’s government is founded upon usurpation of rights.
- If those functionaries in a limited government exceed their constitutional authority, each such act is treason against the citizenry.
- Abuse of power is despotism…the right of one man is at the mercy of another, and freedom ceases to exist.
- A law that conflicts with the Constitution is an act of usurpation and consequently void.
So, just what are the cries of treason or betrayal based upon? Let me count the ways. The first of these is possibly the most important because it is driving so many dangerous and destructive policies impacting the quality of life, health, wealth, and liberty of everyday citizens.
- The Biden Administration prioritized the much-debated MAN-CAUSED theory of climate change (climates change due to no fault of man—as our ice age demonstrates). President Biden has shut down the entire U.S. energy production by Executive Order over this hotly contested and unproven—that some would call—disproven anthropogenic theory. See the World Climate Declaration, signed by a steadily increasing now 1795+ world climatologists, which says there is NO emergency. An avalanche of sources attest that man’s contribution is miniscule.,,,,,,11
- Banning U.S. fossil fuel production has been followed by purchasing those fuels from other countries, including enemy nations. This strengthens our enemies while simultaneously hurting the U.S. economy and American taxpayers. Energy independence and selling energy to other nations could have greatly strengthened our economy as well as having reduced the national debt.
- Border policies have evolved into a country-wide migrant crisis threatening citizen safety and straining financial resources. Open borders permit human and sex trafficking, as well as entry of armed drug cartels, and gang members. Since January 2021 eight million people have crossed our borders illegally, many of whom require support services like accommodations, health care, and education for their children.12
- Allowing millions of unvetted border invaders from all over the world including criminals, welfare seekers, and trafficked unaccompanied minors, poses a direct danger to citizens and creates financial burdens to our increasingly beleaguered taxpayers.
- Major U.S. cities are under threat as they try to cope with the massive, and ever enlarging influx of illegals, most of whom do not qualify as asylum seekers. Major media report New York City’s hundreds of migrants sleeping on streets due to overflow from the Roosevelt Hotel, established as a sheltering and processing center. NYC is overwhelmed, at millions in cost to struggling taxpayers. In NYC alone, Mayor Eric Adams had signed a $225-million-dollar housing deal for 1025 Roosevelt Hotel rooms, many of which are getting trashed and chaotic. Additionally, many food products given to migrants at taxpayer expense are going to waste.
- Children’s safety and health is being threatened by NYC’s taking over sports fields to build shelters. Illegals are thus prioritized over citizens, including our kids.
- Devaluing our currency through inflation caused by printing money to assist illegal border invaders and for out-of-control spending of billions on the war in Ukraine. This spending, along with depleting our supply of military weapons by sending to Ukraine, threatens our nation’s safety and sovereignty.
- Threatening national bankruptcy through a radical increase in our national debt.
- Threatening national security by prioritizing military “woke-ism” (diversity, equity, inclusion), encouraging transgender military service, and continuing to force injury and death promoting experimental COVID vaccination upon military personnel.
- Allowing propagandizing of American children into hating our country and promoting divisive curricula such as Critical Race Theory, ‘The 1619 Project’ and inappropriate sexual education while falling behind in math and reading.
- Weaponizing the Federal Bureau of Investigation against parents to take away parental rights in favor of state control over children, a key characteristic of Marxism.
- Ensuring a rise in criminality, by favoring rights of criminals over citizens. This is accomplished by decriminalizing minor crimes, offering ‘no cash bail,’ and releasing dangerous criminals onto our streets through shortened sentences.
- Gutting police budgets facilitates criminality including ‘smash and grab’ robberies, chaos, and anarchy.
- Criminalizing self-defense and good Samaritan heroes, which embolden criminals, will foster a breakdown of society.
- Attacking political opponents, by weaponizing various agencies of government, thus also becomes election interference.
- The horrific departure from Afghanistan—killing Americans and leaving behind valuable armored vehicles, weaponry and equipment sold to our adversaries.
- Failing to protect the authority of the United States (our sovereignty) and our Constitution from destruction by globalist bureaucrats at the World Health Organization, the United Nations, and more.
Last, but not least—
- Overwhelming evidence of influence peddling associated with the Biden family’s collection of millions of dollars, for no apparent reason, from foreign enemies and corrupt countries while Joe Biden was serving as senator, vice-president, and finally as president.
Herein we see our government undermining our national sovereignty, inuring benefit to our political enemies, being dangerous to our citizens, our national security, and our economy, all the while ignoring and violating our constitution even to the inclusion of pressuring media and social platforms to censor government opposition views.
If this doesn’t rise to the U.S. Constitution’s definition of treason, I can’t imagine what does.
Laraine C. Abbey-Katzev, is a Registered Nurse (retired) and Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) with a Master’s-Degree in Biology/Clinical Nutrition who maintained a private practice, developed health and weight control programs, nutritional products, and was a featured newspaper columnist for health and nutrition articles. Formerly a psychiatric Head Nurse, Laraine earned the Huxley Institute Certificate in Orthomolecular Theory and Practice and her successful Orthomolecular treatment of Agoraphobia/Panic Disorder through diet and nutrient supplements, was featured in many magazine articles and books.